This service is to unlock the bootloader on Nokia smartphones running August 2018 or a newer update. Nokia tried to block the unlocks, but there’s always a way.
There’s an alternate method to unlock the bootloader. For that, we need to flash the service bootloader. Once the unlock is done, we will change back to the commercial bootloader. Your phone will still remain on the new versions of OS. The bootloader will not lock automatically by software updates.
Unlocked bootloader is the first requirement before you can root your Nokia smartphone. Once unlocked, you can use TWRP or Magisk patched images to install Magisk and gain root access.
Supported phones for bootloader unlock:
- Nokia 2
- Nokia 2.1 (alternate method, no unlock key)
- Nokia 2V – Verizon (alternate method, no unlock key)
- Nokia 5
- Nokia 6
- Nokia 6.1
- Nokia 6.1 Plus
- Nokia 7
- Nokia 7 Plus
- Nokia 8
- Nokia X71
For Nokia 8 Sirocco & Nokia 7.1, check this service.
Check which security patch is installed on your phone
- On your phone, open Settings > System > About phone.
- Check the date underneath the heading – Android Security Patch.
- If it is August 1, 2018 (or anything newer than that), then your device is updated to the new security.